Pages

Tuesday 15 January 2019

My opinion about Flax weaving S,L,J

What is flax weaving? Flax weaving is a part of the Maori culture and is is a form of art. Flax is a plant and we use it to make rope, baskets , decorations, mats and clokes.

I think weaving is a very interesting activity because you can make different things from the scale of easy to difficult. I have done some weaving before but it didn't turn out so good, The first time I did I got help from my mums friend because she is very good at weaving.

You should give weaving a go! try making this flower or fish.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nia-jaye

    My name is Daniel and I am part of the Summer Learning Journey program. Well done on completing this activity. I also think that flax weaving is interesting - although I definitely agree that it is very hard. What did you try to weave when you gave it a go? Anyway, keep up the excellent work Nia-jaye.

    Daniel

    ReplyDelete