Pages

Monday 7 January 2019

Tane Mahuta Walk, Waipoua Forest (Kauri trees ) S,L,J

All over New Zealand there are Kauri forest but The Waipoua forest which is the most famous forest on the west coast. Tane Mahuta is the country's biggest Kauri tree and it lives in the Waipoua forest. One day I wish to go to  the Waipoua walk because I like going on walk through nature. I think it will be very interesting to see Tane Mahuta.
The Tane Mahuta tree is about 2000 years old (Thats old) But there is another tree which is called Te Matua Ngahere that ages to about 2500 -  3000 years old.
I also think it will be a nice time to spend time with the family and explore the forest also learning new facts. Fun fact: Waipoua is a ancient green world of towering trees and rare birds.



Sorry for late post been doing different things ( S,L,J )

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nia-Jaye, thanks for your post. I learnt something about Te Matua Ngahere that I didn't know before reading your post. Do you know much about the disease Kauri Dieback that has closed lots of bush walks in West Auckland? I think you would find it interesting! A girl from Tamaki College called Alvina helped scientists find out about it while she was still at school!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Nia-jaye,

    I am loving reading all of your blog posts! It is great to see that you have completed so many of them.

    It is great that you appreciate the natural beauty of New Zealand and want to visit Tane Mahuta. I would love to see this majestic tree because of its amazing history. Do you know how tall Tane Mahuta is?

    Keep up the awesome blogging!

    Talk soon,

    Sophie

    ReplyDelete