Pages

Thursday 24 January 2019

My reaction after if a acid storm finished S,L,J



My reaction after if a acid storm finished

When I open the door I feel like I don't want to go for a walk!
I will be very very devastated to see our trees on the front lawn dead especially the Pohutukawa tree.
I will also be angry because this shouldn't of happen it was never going to happen.If we go down the street I would want to know want the school looks like. I don't want to see the earth die! If I had a way to stop this I would do it. I would love to see if it affected the road like made the paint come of or is soft! I would look at the sky and see what it looks like if it is sunny rainy or cloudy.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there Nia-Jaye,
    That is an amazing piece of writing which makes a bucket of emotion fly over me. Good job for making such a beautiful post.

    It was very interesting to know you had a Pohutukawa tree, because I rarely see them, only at school. I definitely agree that I would do something if there is a solution because acid rain is our fault. The sky would most probably be gray/dark navy and the paint on roads would be absolutely washed away. I wouldn't want to go on a walk either because it makes me feel guilty that people are too lazy to help.

    Make sure you give credit to where you found this photo because it may not be reusable. Other than that, well done!

    Happy Blogging
    Gargee HPS
    hpsgargeej.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nia-Jaye,

    It's Leslie here, reading your blog from my home in Canada.

    You've worked hard at describing how you would feel if you opened your door to a the results of an acid rain storm.

    It would be very saddening, wouldn't it, to see trees and plants affected by acid rain? Of course, anything that affects trees and plants would also affect all the birds and other creatures that live in the out of doors.

    In Canada we have had a problem with acid rain in the past. We noticed that fish were dying in our lakes and rivers and some of the trees were turning brown and dying. We realized that something had to be done to stop the dumping of toxic waste into the air by industries and by our vehicles on our roads. So our government created new laws that required companies to change the way in which they produced their products. They were required to do operate in such a way that they produced less pollution.

    Our lakes have fish in them again, and are much healthier. So good changes can happen!!

    I'm glad that you're working so hard at these activities and I hope you're enjoying being a part of this summer program!!

    Cheers,

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete