Pages

Wednesday 9 January 2019

Tundra letter S,L,J

Dear Mum and dad

I'm in Tundra, It is cold and dry our teacher just said that there are alot of animals activities during the summer than winter I also have learnt that the name Tundra comes from a Finnish word tunturi which means treeless plain or barren land.

We have gone for a little walk and it is a bit hot and the ground looks brown and dead.
There are some plants that are growing here and they look like ... herbs.

My class might leave soon because it might be to dark for us for a couple of weeks because in the middle of winter the sun may not rise!

It is very exciting to see dears and you know what it reminds me of santa's reindeer.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Nia-Jaye!

    My name is Ellee I am another commentor on the Summer Learning Journey team!
    I hope you have had an awesome school holidays? :)

    I like how detailed you were in describing the cold weather and environment!
    I don't know how I would survive being in a tundra... I am a big baby when it comes to the cold and I don't know if I own enough layers to be somewhere that cold :)
    Do you like the cold weather or prefer the summer?

    Sounds like you have also seen a lot of intersting things at the tundra too - Maybe you have a favourite?
    I am glad you will be leaving before you are in the dark!! Good thinking Batman :)

    Nga mihi,
    Ellee :)

    ReplyDelete